First-Time Freshman Students
First-time freshman students are currently in high school, with or without completed college coursework; or a high school graduate who has not attended any college prior to enrollng at Cal State Fullerton.
- Read our First-Time Freshman Guide .
- Review our First-time Freshman Requirements and Deadlines.
- Complete the Cal State Apply application during the initial filing period, October 1-December 4 for Fall 2021.
- Important: Cal State Apply automatically considers for an application fee waiver based on the information provided in the application, and provides immediate eligibility for a fee waiver. The use of fee waiver forms is not required.
- Request your official High School transcript be submitted to the Office of Admissions.
- Application status will be available via the Student Portal.
- Check your email often!
Students, new or returning students, are admitted for a specific term. If a student is unable to begin their studies that term, they will need to reapply for a future term by submitting a new admission application.
- Apply Now! Cal State Apply
- Admission Deadlines
- Admission Requirements
- Accepting Admission Offer and Paying the Enrollment Deposit
- Admission Appeal Process
- Admission Waitlist
- Assessment of Academic Preparation and Placement
- Early Start Program
- Eligibility Index and College Preparatory GPA
- Freshman Orientation
- President's Scholars
- Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Validation of High School Coursework