Tuition and Fees
All international students must submit the International Student Financial Affidavit of Support showing proof of funding for the fees below. The I-20 is not issued until a student has accepted admission and this affidavit has been approved. U.S. residents can find fee information on the CSU Residency website .
Below is an estimated budget for education and living expenses for international students for one academic year (two semesters). Fees are subject to change.
- Bachelors / Undergraduate students must enroll in at least 12 units per semester (about 4 courses)
- Students may enroll in more classes, but the fees will increase
- Masters / Graduate students enroll in 9 units per semester (about 3 courses)
- Students may enroll in summer classes, but those fees are not included below, except for AMSE
Annual Education and Living Costs for International Students
|Type of Degree||Tuition and Fees
(includes health insurance)
|MBA/Graduate Business 1||$20,317||$24,167||$44,484|
|Accelerated MS in Software Engineering 3||$24,460||$20,063||$44,523|
1 Graduate Business includes MS in Accountancy, Information Systems and Taxation
2 Other graduate programs\
3 Based on 9 units per semester.
4 Tuition and fees based for three semesters in one academic year
Explanation of fees for each semester of enrollment
- Tuition and Campus Fees: International students pay non-resident fees. The amount to pay is calculated on a per-unit basis. Most classes have 3 units. So, a bachelor’s student enrolling in 12 units will pay a full-time undergraduate registration fee plus 12 units of non-resident tuition.
- Registration Fee: This fee is defined by either part-time (0 to 6 units of enrollment) or full-time (7 or more units). See program costs here.
- Non-Resident Tuition Fee: An additional $396 per unit of enrollment
- Graduate Business Professional Fee: An additional $270 per unit of enrollment applied to MBA, M.S. Accountancy, Information Systems or Taxation majors. An international MBA student registering for 9 units will pay a graduate full-time registration fee plus 9 units of non-resident tuition and 9 units of professional fee.
- Forms of Payment: Online with credit cards, debit cards, U.S. checks, and International Transfers; in-person and by mail in the U.S.
Health Insurance: all international students must carry health insurance while matriculated at CSUF. For more information, visit the ISS Health Insurance page .