Students whose applications have been denied or withdrawn for any of these reasons have the right to appeal as outlined in Section 89030.7 of the California Education Code. It is the responsibility of the Office of Admissions Appeals Committee to review admission appeals for undergraduate students for exception to university policy.
Applicants are allowed one appeal per academic term, and must be submitted within 30 days from the notification date from the Office of Admissions. All appeals should include the following:
- Reason for appeal (mandatory)
- Appeal statement explaining the reason for the appeal (mandatory)
- Recent transcript(s) from all institutions attended (mandatory)
- General education (GE) certification (if applicable)
- Test scores or exam credit (if includes basis of appeal)
- Documentation supporting the appeal statement
Appeals are based on extenuating circumstances and should include new and compelling information that was not initially presented in the application. In order for the appeal committee to render an appropriate decision, the appeal packet must be complete, otherwise the appeal will be automatically disqualified and denied. Please allow up to 30 days from the date your submission for the appeal committee to notify you of your decision.
Types of appeals that will be considered are the following:
This type of appeal is for admission denial due to unsatisfactory completion of the admission requirements. Examples include:
- A-G College Preparatory Coursework
- Golden 4 Course Requirement
- Cumulative Transferrable GPA
- Less than 60 Semester/90 Quarter Transferable Units
This type of appeal is for admission withdrawal due to failure to adhere to admission and enrollment deadlines. Examples include:
- Official High School Transcript
- Official College Transcript(s)
- Accept Offer/Enrollment Deposit
- Application Deadline (see below)
how to submit an admissions appeal
- Log in using your username and password (to log in, you must have accessed your student portal).
- To submit the admissions appeal, the mandatory fields, as stated above, must be completed or attached.
- Appeals are reserved for applicants who have been "denied" or "withdrawn," all other applicants will be unable to.
- If you have received a waitlist offer, freshman or transfer , you will not be able to submit an appeal.
Trouble logging in? Contact the Student IT helpdesk 657.278.8888
Graduate students appealing admission decisions should visit Graduate Studies. Credential and 2nd bachelor (Nursing only) students need to consult their advisor for appeal information. You will not be able to submit an appeal using the form above.
MISSED APPLICATION APPEALS
At this time, we are no longer accepting appeals for late applications. This type of appeal must be submitted within 30 days of the application filing period closing. We encourage you to apply during the next available term.