FIRST-TIME FRESHMEN (FTF)
For Fall 2021, it is important to review the following First-Time Freshman Guide .
Initial application filing period for first-time freshman is October 1 through December 15 for fall admission.
First-time Freshman must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- be a high school graduate or equivalent;
- complete the 15-unit comprehensive “A-G” pattern with a grade of C or better by high school graduation; and
- earn a qualifying “A-G” grade point average (GPA) as described below.
"A-G" requirement may not be completed during the summer term prior to fall enrollment. For course validation, visit Validation of High School Coursework.
Fall 2021 Admissions update
California State University Fullerton will temporarily suspend the use of ACT/SAT examinations in determining admission eligibility for the 2021-2022 academic year. This temporary change of admission eligibility applies only for Fall 2021.
To determine first-time freshman admission, Fullerton will rank order applicants by their “A-G” GPA for the entire freshman applicant pool. This includes applicants that meet the following criteria:
- California residents and graduates of California high schools with a 2.50 or greater “A-G” GPA.
- Non-California residents earning a 3.00 or greater “A-G” GPA
CSU Fullerton will not evaluate the following applicants for admission:
- Any California high school graduate or resident of California earning a GPA between 2.00 and 2.49
- Any non-California high school graduate or non-resident of California earning a GPA between 2.47and 2.99
All freshman applicants that are in CSUF’s Local Admission Area will receive first priority admission preference through an approximate .3 “A-G” GPA bump.
For example, if your “A-G” GPA is 3.2 as a local area applicant we will record your “A-G” GPA as a 3.5 GPA for admission purposes.
For a list of Cal State Fullerton local area high schools, visit Local Area High Schools .
Fullerton is an impacted campus and receives more applications than we have the capacity to serve. CSUF is fully impacted on all levels for all programs.
Majors with Additional Requirements
Due to impaction, following majors have additional admission requirements:
Computer Engineering integrated BS/MS
- Successful completion of at least (3) AP tests (scores of 3,4, or 5) towards the major, and/or general education for a total of 10 semester units
- One of the AP tests must be Mathematics/Calculus AB or Mathematics/Calculus BC (score of 4 or 5)
- Minimum high school GPA of 3.0 (unweighted)
- Priority admission will be given to local area freshmen for Computer Engineering integrated BS/MS
Admission to the Music major is based on the performance of a successful music audition. Visit the Music department for more information regarding the audition requirements, repertoire, and audition scheduling.
Admission to the Theatre major is based on the performance of a successful theatre audition. Visit the Theatre department for more infomation regarding the audition requirements and audition scheduling.
CSUF does not consider alternate majors for admission consideration. Due to campus impaction, CSUF does not accept second bachelor's applicants, with the exception of Nursing.
Please Note: Cal State Fullerton does not defer admissions. If a student is unable to enroll for the admitted term, they will need to reapply for a future term.