It is important to review the following Fall 2021 Transfer Student Guide .
All upper division transfers must apply during the initial admission application-filing period (October 1 through December 15 for fall and August 1 through August 31 for spring).
Transfer Students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- complete 60 semester/90 quarter transferable units;
- of which 30 semester/45 quarter are general education courses (GE);
- which needs to consist of the "Golden Four" with a grade of C- or better;
- Earn a qualifying grade point average (GPA); and
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended (eligible to re-enroll).
The Golden Four courses are designated as:
A1) Oral Communication
A2) Written Communication
A3) Critical Thinking
B4) Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
IMPORTANT: Engineering (Civil, Computer Science, Computer, Electrical, and Mechanical) are exempt from completing, A3 Critical Thinking, as a part of the admissions requirement.
- Admission requirements for the Fall term must complete by the Spring term prior to enrollment.
- Transfer applicants applying for the Spring 2021 term must complete the Golden Four by the end of the Summer term and unit requirement by the end of the Fall term prior to enrollment.
- Effective Spring 2022: All admission requirements must be complete by the Summer term prior to Spring enrollment, including ADT.
The majority of units earned must be from a local area community college to be considered a local applicant. First priority admission preference will be given to local area transfers for all majors.
CSUF local area community colleges include the following:
|Coastline College||Golden West College||Saddleback College|
|Cypress College||Irvine Valley College||Santa Ana College|
|Fullerton College||Orange Coast College||Santiago College|
CSU Fullerton is an impacted campus at the transfer level for all majors. Impaction means that there are more applicant than can be admitted. Transfer students must declare a major at the time of application and meet minimum CSU minimum eligibility requirements for admission.
Majors with Additional Requirements
Due to impaction, the following majors have additional admission requirements:
To be considered for priority admission to the Criminal Justice program, applicants must complete Criminal Justice 100 (or equivalent) with a grade of C or better. Applicants that do not have this course requirement, or an ADT in Administration of Justice, will be placed on the waitlist and considered for admission based on pending availability.
Admission to the Music major is based on the performance of a successful music audition. Visit the Music department for more information regarding the audition requirements, repertoire, and audition scheduling.
Admission to the Theatre major is based on the performance of a successful theatre audition. Visit the Theatre department for more information regarding the audition requirements and audition scheduling.
Former CSU students who are seeking readmission after academic disqualification must meet the GPA standards in place for their major at the time of reapplication. CSU Fullerton does not consider alternate majors for admission consideration, nor accept lower division transfers (less than 60 semester/90 quarter units). Due to campus impaction, CSUF does not accept second bachelor's degree applicants with the exception of Nursing .
Please Note: Cal State Fullerton does not defer admissions. If a student is unable to enroll for admitted term, they will need to reapply for a future term.