I Have Applied
After submitting your application, you will receive an email confirming that it has been received.
A second email from the Admissions and Records office will contain:
- Your new Cal State Fullerton student email address
- Your Campus-Wide IDentification number (CWID) and your PIN to access the Student Portal
Important communications are sent to your new student email address. We recommend that you check it often. The CWID is a nine-digit number that starts with an "8." Always use this number to identify yourself and on any documents you send to Cal State Fullerton.
CSUF can only decide on your admission after all your required documents and test scores are received.
Academic records are called "transcripts" in the United States, but in other countries they may be called mark sheets, leaving certificates or maturity certificates. For more information on documents required for each country, please visit our Academic Documents page.
The required documents to submit for your admission are listed on your "To Do List" in the Portal.
Access to the Portal
The Portal is a password-protected area of the Cal State Fullerton website where students can get information about their academics.
- The first time you visit the portal, read the step-by-step instructions: Student Portal First Time Login
- After creating your username and password, visit the portal through this login page: Student Portal Subsequent Logins
- Once in the portal, view your status and check your To Do List: Viewing Application Status
Check your Student Portal Often
The Student Portal is your connection to Cal State Fullerton. The following information is available through the Student Portal:
- Check your admission status and refer to the "To Do List"
- Accept admission decision
- Pay and register for classes
Once you become a student, the portal will be used to see your grades, order transcripts and access class materials.
If you lost your PIN and never logged in to the portal, visit Finding Your PIN
IT Help Desk: For help with technical issues (email, Portal login problems, etc.), please call (657) 278-7777