60 Plus Program
"The California State University and Colleges recognizes that an increasing number of older people are returning to higher education to enrich their lives and, therefore, introduced the 60 Plus plan."
The 60+ fee waiver program has been placed on moratorium. No new participants will be accepted into the program effective October 19, 2015.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the 60 Plus Program?
- The 60 plus program is a fee waiver program available to qualified persons who are California residents, and are 60 years of age or older.
- The program is designed to encourage California residents, 60 years of age or older, to enroll in regular session courses on a space available basis.
Who is Eligible?
- Students already enrolled or who are eligible to enroll in classes at Cal State Fullerton are automatically eligible for the program.
- Students who are 60 years of age or older.
- Students who have been a California resident for at least one year.
How do I qualify?
- Prospective students must meet University requirements for admission before they are eligible for the 60 plus program.
- To apply to the University, visit http://www.csumentor.edu/AdmissionApp/
- Students must be California residents for at least one year prior to the semester for which they are applying.
Who do I contact if I have further questions about the 60 plus program?
Langsdorf Hall 101
Langsdorf Hall 101
Will I have priority enrollment?
- No, participation in the 60 plus program does not give you priority enrollment status.
Do I have to pursue a degree?
- The 60 plus program is available to any CSUF student who has an interest in available CSUF courses for which the student is academically prepared.
- Undergraduate applicants may have an undeclared major.
- Graduate applicants must apply for a graduate level degree and must declare a major.
- Students enroll in regular session courses on a space available basis. There are no special classes limited to or designed for persons enrolled.
Do I have to enroll in 60 plus every semester?
- No. Your participation in the 60 plus program does not need to be renewed every semester. Unless there is a break in enrollment in University classes, continuing students remain enrolled in the program. Students must follow university policy for leave of absence from CSUF.
- Cal State Fullerton has been assigned a quota of 60 students in the 60+ program. Space in the program is limited. Early application is encouraged.
- Although the 60 plus waiver does not replace fee waivers for disadvantaged students, it cannot be used in conjunction with some award/grant programs. Please call the Financial Aid office for details.
- Fees must be paid within the same timeline as for all students.
Fee Waiver and ReductionWhat costs are waived?
Students in the 60 plus program will be charged the following types of fees:
- Associated Student Body Fee $1.00
- Health Facilities Fee $1.00
- Campus Union Fee $1.00
- I.R.A. Fee $0.00
- SIRF Fee $2.00
- Health Center Fee $0.00
- Student ID Card Fee $4.00
- Titan Participation Fee $7.00
- Consolidated Course Fee $25.00
- Student Success Fee $181.00
- Total Charge $222.00
- Students in the 60 plus program are still responsible for parking fees and the cost of textbooks.
- University fees may also include lab fees assessed for enrollment in lab classes
Other Programs for Seniors
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI): Call Patsy Burns at (657) 278-2446 for more information.