- What is the waitlist?
- How will I be notified that I have been offered a space on the waitlist?
- Who is eligible to be on the waitlist?
- Is a deposit required to be on the waitlist?
- How long do I have to accept my waitlist offer?
- If I accept my waitlist offer, how long will it be until I know if I am admitted or not?
- How are students selected from the waitlist?
- How do I know my position on the waitlist?
- If I am admitted from the waitlist, are there additional steps I need to complete in order to secure my admission?
- Who is eligible to receive a waitlist offer?
- If I am on the waitlist, do I have to adhere to any deadlines?
- Am I committed to enroll if I accept my waitlist offer?
- What if I did not receive notification regarding my waitlist offer?
- What happens if I decline my waitlist offer?
- How do I appeal a missed admission deadline?
- Who can I contact for further questions?
Due to our projected enrollments, we are unable to accommodate all qualified applicants. CSU Fullerton’s enrollment numbers are very limited. As a result, we have established a waitlist for the fall 2017 transfer class. We will determine whether space is available once our admitted students decide to accept their offers of admission. Beginning in early June, if it has been determined we have room in our transfer class we will select students from the waitlist based on GPA.
You will receive an email from CSU Fullerton notifying you that you have been offered a space on the waitlist. The email will be sent to your Fullerton and home email addresses. You can also view your waitlist offer within your Student Center, which is accessible through your Student Portal .
Applicants who have accepted their waitlist offer are eligible to be on the waitlist.
No. There is no fee required to be on the waitlist.
You will have two weeks to respond to the offer. You must respond online to accept the waitlist offer through your Student Portal . If you do not respond by June 1st, your waitlist offer will be revoked and your application will be withdrawn from consideration.
If we are able to utilize the waitlist, we will be admitting applicants according to the GPA from highest to lowest, until maximum capacity is reached. If you are selected from the waitlist, you will receive an admit letter via email and instructions on how to accept your admission and pay your enrollment deposit. If we are able to select from the waitlist, the earliest we would start selecting would be early June.
The waitlist is rank-ordered according to GPA. If we are able to utilize the waitlist, we will be admitting applicants according to the GPA from highest to lowest, until maximum capacity is reached.
Your position on the waitlist is determined by your GPA. Our list is not published. Therefore, if you are selected from the waitlist, you will receive an admit letter via email and instructions on how to accept your admission.
If I am admitted from the waitlist, are there additional steps I need to complete in order to secure my admission?
Yes. If you are admitted to the University, you must "accept" your admission and pay your enrollment deposit. Admitted transfer students are required to accept admission and pay a $250 enrollment deposit in order to reserve a space in our class. The admission acceptance must be received within two weeks of being admitted. Admitted transfer students can accept admission and pay the enrollment deposit through their Student Portal within the Student Center. Under the Admissions area of the Student Center, click on the Application Status link. The Accept/Decline button will be displayed. Click on the Accept/Decline button to accept your admission to CSU Fullerton. If you have not yet been admitted, you can check the status of your application by selecting the View Detailed Information from This Application link. For further information about Accepting Admission, please visit the Accepting Admission FAQ page .
After you have accepted your admission and paid your enrollment deposit, you must sign up for Transfer Student Orientation (TSO). TSO is mandatory for all transfers. Should you have further questions or need more information about TSO, please contact New Student Programs at (657) 278-2501.
Transfer applicants will be eligible to be on the waitlist if they have the following:
- Waitlist is determined based on your cumulative GPA.
- Local students are eligible for the waitlist with a cumulative GPA between 2.55-2.74.
- Out of local students are eligible for the waitlist with a cumulative GPA between 3.30-3.39.
- In good standing at the last college or university attended (eligible to re-enroll)
- Will have earned 60 or more transferable semester units (90 or more quarter units),
- Completed at least 30 semester units of college coursework with a grade of C or better in each course to be selected from courses in English, arts and humanities, social science, science and mathematics at a level at least equivalent to courses that meet general education requirements.
- Completion of the General Education requirements in communication in the English language and critical thinking (at least 9 semester units) and the requirement in mathematics/quantitative reasoning (usually 3 semester units), OR the Inter-segmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) requirements in English communication and mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning with grades of “C” by the end of Spring. (The Golden 4) by the end of Spring.
Yes. If you have a Golden Four course(s) in progress (Oral Communication, English Composition, Critical Thinking, Mathematics), you must complete the course(s) with a “C” or higher by the end of Spring. You must turn in your final grade card(s) by no later than June 23, 2017. If you are admitted from the waitlist, you must accept admission within two weeks of your admission offer. For further information about Accepting Admission, please visit the Accepting Admission FAQ page . For other critical admission deadlines, please visit the Admission Deadlines page .
No. However, if you are admitted to the University, you will have two weeks to accept your admission and pay your enrollment deposit. If you do not accept admission and pay your deposit within two weeks, your admission offer will be revoked and your application will be withdrawn from consideration.
An email will be sent to your Fullerton and home email addresses informing you of your waitlist offer. You must accept your waitlist offer online, so it is important you continue to regularly check your Student Portal . You will only have until June 1st to accept your waitlist offer. If you don't accept by June 1st, your application will be withdrawn from consideration.
If you decline your waitlist offer your application will be withdrawn from consideration.
You must visit the Admissions Appeals page and complete an admission appeal packet. It is important your package is complete and that your appeal is submitted within one month of the date of the “missed deadline” notification/communication from the Office of Admissions.
If you have any questions, contact the Admissions office at (657) 278-2300.